Our Plant Fibre products are made from Palm Leather. It’s the fibre that protects the palm fruits before it falls down after its job is done. We pick-up the fibre after it falls from trees and convert them to our beautifully handcrafted sustainable products.
While these products can last a very very long time, it’s only possible with a bit of timely maintenance. Here are some frequently asked questions with regards to the use and maintenance of our fibre products:
- Can I Use Soap to clean the Fibre Sleeve and Pouch?
Natural fibres are extremely tough but exposure to chemicals could make the fibre erode. Specially for the water bottle. Only wash the insides of the water bottle with soap if needed, but ensure the soap does not come in contact with the fibre sleeve outside. We have been successful in cleaning the bottle with plain water/luke warm water/salt water. We suggest you stick to the same too.
The water bottle is made of Stainless Steel for Durability. But we suggest you wash it thoroughly before you can use it.
– We suggest you thoroughly shake it with salt water once.
– Then fill the bottle with salt water and leave it in overnight.
– Wash the bottle again with plain water the next day before you can start using it.
You can wash it even more to be 100% sure it’s safe to start drinking from it.
Same goes for Stainless Steel Cutlery in our Fabric Kit.
- The Fibre has become very hard, non-flexible and breakable:
Palm leathers become harder as they lose moisture overtime. And if they become very dry and hard they become easily breakable. When you find that your product (The Cutlery Kit Pouch OR The Water Bottle Sleeve) has become non-flexible and dry – Dip the bottle or the cutlery kit pouch into clean water for just 1 minute (Exposure to water makes our fibre stronger), towel dry the product and use our Leather Moisturiser made with wax, oil and butter. Finally let it dry overnight in any cool & dry place.
- How to use the Leather Moisturiser?
Simple take a pea sized amount and spread it evenly on the product, then massage it into the fibre in circular motion using a piece of cloth or a cotton ball until it spreads throughout the fibre. The same can be used for the grass ties as well.
- What is the natural cutlery made of?
Our Spoons & Forks are made from Neem Wood since it has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Our natural straws are made of bamboo and our straw brushes are made of Sisal Fibre.
Neem Wood Cutlery Maintenance:
– Gently Wash with Natural Detergents and keep them dry.
– Avoid soaking the cutlery in water for long duration.
– Avoid Scratching rough cooking surfaced with cutlery to prevent splinters.
– Change Neem Wood Accessory Once Wood Chips.Bamboo Straw and Sisal Fibre Brush Maintenance:
– Sisal Fibre Straw brushes work best after exposed to water. The fibre bristles become softer and clean more efficiently. Clean the brush after cleaning the straw.
– Thoroughly clean the Bamboo Straw and let it air dry completely. Do not put it in a box or keep it enclosed while it’s damp.
Using natural resources efficiently as we need for our convenience could help us lead a sustainable life at ease. With that said, re-use is the single biggest sustainable effort we can all make, to reduce the load we throw on planet Earth. If you have more queries on our products or maintenance chat to us or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will revert at the earliest.